About Software Applications
Software Applications Limited (SAL) is an Auckland, New Zealand based company that specialises in providing ERP and FCS/APS systems expertise to manufacturers within Australia and New Zealand.
In 20 years as the local ProMan ERP (the legacy version of Intuitive ERP) reseller and support organisation, SAL has gained extensive manufacturing systems experience implementing over 30 MRPII sites and has built a strong relationship with many small to medium sized manufacturing businesses.
SAL has provided ERP software and ongoing consulting services to a wide range of manufacturing industries within Australia and New Zealand . These industries include equipment assembly, electronics, metal fabrication, fibreglass fabrication, wood fabrication, foundries, machine shops, general engineering and marine engineering businesses.
Although we have been involved in the process industry, the majority of our experience is in the discrete and batch manufacturing sector, in particular :-
- Standard product manufacturers with make-to-order and make-to-stock requirements using single and multi-level MPS, MRP, CRP, order release processes, work order costing and tracking, Kanban “pull” systems, and shop floor scheduling.
- Job-shops with engineer-to-order requirements using quoting and estimating, work order costing and tracking, and shop floor scheduling.
We have helped our customers resolve critical material supply and resource availability issues through the use of advanced techniques involving MPS/MRP inventory planning and FCS/APS production scheduling.
Using our Accounting knowledge and experience we've made major in-roads into product costing and work order costing accuracy issues and resolved major sales margin and profitability issues at several new customer sites.
SAL has supported clients through-out the New Zealand North and South islands; Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney in Australia; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia; Seattle in the USA and Glenrothes in Scotland.
Our customers have ranged in size as follows :
- Smallest – 5 users with service module enhancements
- Most – 15 to 25 users, some with multi-level MPS module enhancements
- Largest – 80 users in 7 locations in Australia and NZ with multi-site MPS and DRP module enhancements
In recent years SAL has been actively involved with the Intuitive ERP system from Aptean Corporation, USA and the Preactor production scheduling system from Preactor International, UK.
SAL is pleased to have been recently appointed Aptean’s partner and reseller for Intuitive ERP in the Australian and New Zealand sales region.
We are strong advocates of our supplier's Lean Manufacturing initiatives in providing software tools to help users improve business process flows and remove operational waste. Some of these initiatives involve:
- Heijunka and Kanban order release rules
- CTP (Capable to Promise) order placement rules
- FCS (Finite Capacity Scheduling) resource loading rules
- APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) advanced scheduling rules